These remarks are just what I think/see regarding tropical storms - not the opinion of any organization I represent. If you are making an
evacuation decision, please heed your local emergency management and the
National Hurricane Center's official forecast and the National Weather
Service announcements. This is not an official forecast. If I "run away,
run away" (Monty Python), I'll let you know.
1. These updates are about fun, forecasting, and education... and tropical storms (and whatever else pops into my head that may fit those three words). It is just what I think.
2. I have a British sense of humoUr... you have been warned.
3. This is my hobby - sometimes you'll get one update a day, sometime four. If you are really lucky, you won't get any. If you wish to pay me to write, let me know and I'll send out updates as frequently as you like.
4. I hope you like Monty Python.
5. If you have any questions (preferably about tropical storms), please do not hesitate to ask. I will be happy to make up the answers for you. Over the years, I've talked about a lot of things already, but I can cut and paste from previous entries as well as the next person so if I say something or use some "scientific jargon" (ooh ahh, how thrilling), please please ask me about it.
6. I have a British sense of humoUr... I often write tongue-in-cheek, which sometimes hurts my cheek but what can you do? Gentle sarcasm, irony, and puns are all acceptable forms of communication. Unfortunately they don't always translate in writing so please don't be offended - like Planet Earth, I'm "Mostly Harmless" (Douglas Adams). Have a piece of chocolate or a drink instead.
7. I'm sure every cloud in the Atlantic is exciting to some but, unless I'm bored, I'll usually write about those that I think have a chance of developing.
8. If you are reading this on the web blog and would like to sign up to get email updates instead go here...
9. If you are reading this via email, are sick of me cluttering up your in-boxes and would prefer to get it via the web go here...
http://jyotikastorms.blogspot.com (and send me an email telling me to remove you).
10. I am not always right. But then neither is anyone else. Forecasting is complicated. Sometimes the crystal ball gets smudges and you are all out of Windex to clean it and the store is closed. So PLEASE pay attention to the National Hurricane Center, National Weather Service and your Emergency Managers - especially when a storm is looming because they have the most up-to-date information!!
11. I have a British sense of humoUr... er... did I mention that one already?
(It's not too late to unsubscribe ;-))
To see the collection of prior postings to the list,
visit the Jyo_Hurricane
(The current archive is only available to the list
Subscribe to Jyo_Hurricane by filling out the following
You will be sent email requesting confirmation, to
prevent others from gratuitously subscribing you. Once
confirmation is received, your request will be held for approval
by the list moderator. You will be notified of the moderator's
decision by email. This is also a hidden list, which means that the
list of members is available only to the list administrator.